Author Topic: StepMania 5 bugfix for OD songs  (Read 1862 times)

Offline Wolfy

• Lurker [Beginner]
  • Date Registered: Feb 2015
  • Topic Author
  • Last Login:October 26, 2018, 04:37:18 PM
  • Sinon Enthusiast
    • View Profile
    • LightDash
StepMania 5 bugfix for OD songs
« on: August 19, 2015, 01:58:22 AM »
Hello everyone!

I've noticed that a lot of OD simfile authors (Huzure and Itsugo mostly) use negative beats for #BGCHANGES starting beat values. This works perfectly fine in StepMania 3.9, but has some issues in StepMania 5. Any songs with negative beats for #BGCHANGES will not display the lead-in image that shows up before the song starts and after the song ends, and I've found this to be very annoying. So, I pushed a fix to StepMania's GitHub repo that solves this issue. With it, you won't have to worry about background images not showing up as the game will now attempt to display the images no matter what. I have a precompiled StepMania.exe that is slightly newer than the latest SM5 version if anyone would like to use this fix. Also included is a fix to the bonus frame bars by Kyzentun that prevents them from exceeding the frame that should solve any problems with CyberiaStyle 7 for anyone who uses it.

INSTALLING THIS FIX: Simply extract the folders over your SM installation. Replace all files when prompted. Also make sure to keep backups of both Themes/_fallback/metrics.ini and Program/StepMania.exe in case you want to revert these fixes.

Download [MediaFire]
« Last Edit: August 19, 2015, 04:19:30 AM by Wolfy »

Tags:

+- Discord

+- Shoutbox

October 22, 2018, 03:22:20 AM Beanbom says: This is a very good question.

September 18, 2018, 11:09:02 PM Eriol-kun says: @智貴諸井さん
どんな曲の譜面が作りたいですか?

September 16, 2018, 07:58:37 AM netdomon says: thank you so  much

July 31, 2018, 01:48:59 PM 智貴 諸井 says: 譜面が全然作れません
誰かボクの代わりに作ってくれる方いませんか?
お願い致します。
譜面のための画像や音声、映像はすでに用意してあります。
誰か助けて下さい!
お願い致します。

July 03, 2018, 05:20:19 AM shameikv says: yay

June 29, 2018, 04:53:45 PM 智貴 諸井 says: 初めまして

View Shout History